Tuesday 6 January 2015

Carpe Diem: Beginner's Ballet!

2014 was a good year for me. I finally lost a lot of my post-baby weight (I attempted to cope with sleep deprivation after my son was born by eating lots of cake) and generally enjoyed life a lot more!  Maybe it's a taboo to admit that I find the toddler stage so much more pleasurable than the baby stage. Sleep + communication = recipe for a much easier life in my opinion! 


With my increased sense of wellbeing I noticed I started to challenge myself more and late last year I decided to act on a secret dream I've had for years!  I never took ballet lessons as a child and have always wanted to learn. After seeing an advert for an adult beginners class, I bit the bullet and signed up. 


The class was great fun, and although I doubt I was winning any prizes for grace or co-ordination, I was surprised how much we accomplished even in the first session. I can see its definitely going to be good for my posture, and it was such a great feeling to realise such a long-held ambition!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment