Monday 5 January 2015

Clean(ish) eating: Sweet Potato & Pea Curry

Last year I had a big focus on diet as I had a lot of weight to lose and as part of that started trying to eat more naturally and much less meat. 

We're largely vegetarian at home now but I noticed over the last couple of months that I'd become a bit lazy about making meals from scratch and focusing on natural ingredients, so I'm hoping to remedy that this month! 

We big fans of curry and it's a regular meal for us so I like to collect simple, tasty (but not too spicy - needs to be toddler-friendly) recipes.

Tonight we tried a Sweet Potato and Pea Curry that I found on the BBC website here

It was delicious so I thought I'd share it with you!  Here's the finished result...


Ingredients:

3 tbsp curry paste from a jar (I used Patak's Korma Paste)
1 onion, finely chopped
450g potatoes, cut into chunks
2 large sweet potatoes (about 900g) cut into chunks
600ml vegetable stock, from one cube is fine
400ml can coconut milk
175g frozen peas
The original recipe calls for fresh coriander but I used 1/4-1/2 tsp of dried

Method:

Heat the curry paste in a large pan and stir in the onion. Cover and cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add the potatoes, stock and coconut milk to the pan and bring to the boil.

Turn the heat down and simmer the curry for 20 mins until the potato has softened. Add the peas and dried coriander, bring back to the boil and simmer for 2 mins more. 

The original recipes suggests 10 minutes preparation - I may just be slow at chopping and peeling potatoes but it took me significantly longer. I'd allow more like 20 minutes!

Let me know if you make it, I'm sure you'll love it! 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment